cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Martin
Level V

Connect to Access accdb file

I am trying to use JMP to connect to an Access Database which is an accdb file format. Can JMP do that? I have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of JMP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin
Level V

Re: Connect to Access accdb file

Figured it out. I needed to Add a 64-bit database connection to the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool in Control Panel. IT WORKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, JMP can connect to a database through the ODBC driver for that software. See Help > Books > Using JMP > Chapter 3: Importing Data.

pmroz
Super User

Remember to match the bit-ness of Access and JMP.  I.e. 32-bit JMP can talk to 32-bit Access.  Similarly for 64-bit.

Martin
Level V

So, with 64-bit JMP 13.2.1, when I click on File -> Database -> Query Builder -> New Connection -> Machine Data Source -> MS Access Database -> OK, I get the following error:

"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

Martin
Level V

Figured it out. I needed to Add a 64-bit database connection to the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool in Control Panel. IT WORKS!

fskeele
Level I

Right now I'm not showing either Excel or Access drivers (32-bit or 64-bit) in the Create New Data Source window.  Can you help direct me to where I can download and get them added to the driver list?  I have SQL drivers showing and those work fine, but I would like to connect to a local Access database in some cases.  I'm currently using 64-bit JMP and Microsoft Office365 ProPlus.

You didn't say if you are Mac or Windows.  There are a variety of vendors for each, which can be searched on the web.  Microsoft has some free ones for Windows at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920 . You'll need to read the site for instructions.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

I am glad that you resolved the problem. It is exactly the problem that PM suggested. It is documented here, found by searching on "specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch" at the Support section of the JMP.com site.