cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
zguan
Level I

Confidence Interval in the Oneway Anova

Hello,

I'm using the "Big Class" data table to run the Oneway ANOVA analysis for "height" and notice that the confidence interval values are different between the "Means for Oneway Anova" table and "Means and Std Deviations" table.

My calculation is the same as the "Means and Std Deviations" table, but am trying to understand why they are different from the other table.

zguan_0-1595439183980.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Confidence Interval in the Oneway Anova

The first result, as noted at the bottom of the first table, uses the pooled estimate of the standard error of the mean. The second table computes statistics, including the standard error, separately for each level of the categorical factor. That is, the estimates of the standard error in the second table are not pooled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Confidence Interval in the Oneway Anova

The first result, as noted at the bottom of the first table, uses the pooled estimate of the standard error of the mean. The second table computes statistics, including the standard error, separately for each level of the categorical factor. That is, the estimates of the standard error in the second table are not pooled.