cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
thomasr
Level I

Combining Heatmap with Scatter-Plot

Dear all,

I'm currently trying to analyze data from two different sources and combine them in one graph.

I have two tables:

1) A table with density information (three columns: X, Y, density)

2) A table with defect coordinates (two columns: X, Y)

I generate a heatmap with the data from table 1), which is working fine. The data is describing a grid of material (with density)

11064_grid.JPGI also can generate a scatter plot from the data of table 2)

11063_points.JPG

I would now like to generate a plot, where I paste the scatter from table 2 on top of the heatmap from table 1.

The coordinates are the same, but the defect locations can also be in the empty spaces between the grid.

I googled for overlay, combined graph, join etc. but can't find a way to do it.

I'm just in the phase of starting to use JMP and just start learning the basics. To get to where I am was so fast and easy, that I'm absolutely flashed. Only the next step is now not working...

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Combining Heatmap with Scatter-Plot

Thomas,

Go to the  scatterplot graph and right click within the graph.  Select Edit > Copy Frame Contents.  Go back to your heat map, right click with in the graph select Edit > Paste Frame Contents.  Copy Frame Contents is shown below.

11059_pastedImage_0.png

Best,

Bill

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Thomas,

Go to the  scatterplot graph and right click within the graph.  Select Edit > Copy Frame Contents.  Go back to your heat map, right click with in the graph select Edit > Paste Frame Contents.  Copy Frame Contents is shown below.

11059_pastedImage_0.png

Best,

Bill

mwechtal
Level III

There is a menu of graph type selections at the top of Graph Builder. You can generate either graph in Graph Builder, and then <Ctrl> click and drag the other graph type from the top of the window onto the current graph.

For instance, generate the heapmap, and then hold down Ctrl while clicking on the scatterplot icon (first box) and dragging to the heatmap.

11067_pastedImage_1.png

thomasr
Level I

Hi Bill,

thanks a lot - that was exactly what I was looking for.

So easy, but with the huge amount of functions not directly obvious to me.

Best regards,

Thomas