cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fg6mrw
Level II

Column Properties for spec limits - import?

I have a raw dataset that does not have spec limits. The spec limits that I would like to add to the column properties are contained in another dataset. How do I pull the spec limits into the column properties without manually typing them into each column property?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Column Properties for spec limits - import?

Hi,

One way you can add the spec limits from a data table is as follows--

Using the Cities.jmp data table from the sample data.

Launch the Process Capability Platform by selecting Analyze > Quality and Process > Process Capability.

10347_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.19.17 PM.png

Ensure the radio button is enabled on the bottom left for either yes or if needed.

Add your Y, Process variables and select OK.

You will then be presented with a dialog to add spec limits either from a table or manually.

10348_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.20.41 PM.png

Choose the "Select Data Table" button to pick your spec limits table (Untitled 203 in my case) and press ok.

10349_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.21.59 PM.png

This will then add the spec limits to the Spec Limits table in the window.  Select OK one more time.

10351_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.26.33 PM.png

And now from the Process Capability red-triangle menu select "Save Spec Limits as Column Properties" option.

10352_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.28.10 PM.png

You can look at the data table and you will see they were added by clicking on the asterisk to display the spec limit column property.

10353_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.29.52 PM.png

Refer to Chapter 10 page 253 of the Quality and Process Methods book found under the help menu for additional details.

Or online by clicking the  Entering Spec Limits

Cheers,

Stan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

hi fg6mrw​,

all you need to do is get the property you want from one column in one table and set it in another.

try the folowing:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Bank Loan.jmp" );

prop = :Time << Get Property( "Spec Limits" );

dt2 = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big class.jmp" );

:height << set property( "Spec Limits", Eval( prop ) );

ron

fg6mrw
Level II

I am hoping to not have to learn scripting.

Here is what I have in the raw data (no spec limits applied)

10345_pastedImage_0.png

And another file with the spec limits

10346_pastedImage_1.png

These are what I need to add to the column properties of the first file

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi,

One way you can add the spec limits from a data table is as follows--

Using the Cities.jmp data table from the sample data.

Launch the Process Capability Platform by selecting Analyze > Quality and Process > Process Capability.

10347_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.19.17 PM.png

Ensure the radio button is enabled on the bottom left for either yes or if needed.

Add your Y, Process variables and select OK.

You will then be presented with a dialog to add spec limits either from a table or manually.

10348_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.20.41 PM.png

Choose the "Select Data Table" button to pick your spec limits table (Untitled 203 in my case) and press ok.

10349_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.21.59 PM.png

This will then add the spec limits to the Spec Limits table in the window.  Select OK one more time.

10351_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.26.33 PM.png

And now from the Process Capability red-triangle menu select "Save Spec Limits as Column Properties" option.

10352_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.28.10 PM.png

You can look at the data table and you will see they were added by clicking on the asterisk to display the spec limit column property.

10353_Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.29.52 PM.png

Refer to Chapter 10 page 253 of the Quality and Process Methods book found under the help menu for additional details.

Or online by clicking the  Entering Spec Limits

Cheers,

Stan

fg6mrw
Level II

Hi Stan,

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! There is only one thing remaining that I can't figure out. The limits have been added to the column properties but the check box to have them show up as graph reference lines is not checked. Is there a way to do this for all the columns at once or do all the columns need to be edited one by one?

10364_pastedImage_0.png

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

I was going to suggest using the standardize attributes feature; however, that will standardize not only that check box but the limits as well so not a good idea.

maurogerber
Level III

add or alter the part "Show Limits(0)" to "Show Limits(1)". this should be part of the variable prop

prop = :Time << Get Property( "Spec Limits" );