cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Paul_J
Level III

Color Coordination

Hi All!

Is there any way to make the nominal level colors in Graph Builder match the Marked Row State colors?  Either with JSL or the menus.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Color Coordination

Please help me understand.  Below are the results from the following actions....which I thought were the items you wanted to be able to do.

1. Opened the Big Class data table

2. Right clicked in the top area of the Row State Column, and selected "Color or Mark by Column"

3.  Selected the nominal variable Age, and also checked the "Save to Column Property"

4. Opened Graph Builder

5. Dragged column Height to the Y drop area and dragged the column Weight to the X drop area

6. Dragged the column Sex to the Color drop area

Below are the results, showing a Legend, Chart, Data Table Rows and Column Properties all showing the same colors

all the colors.PNG

What am I missing?

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Set the Value Colors, column property for the column that you are using for the colors in the Graph Builder to the row colors.  If you are using "Color or Mark by Column" to set the colors, then you can select to set the column property in that window.  Graph Builder will then use the Value Colors in it's chart

colors.PNG

Jim
Paul_J
Level III

Yes, Graph Builder will then use the colors specificed with Mark Column, however a legend will not be generated in Graph Builder.  When I drag the nominal variable to Color in Graph Builder, a legend will be generated, but the colors will change.  I want the colors from dragging into Color in Graph Builder to match Mark Column or Property colors.

Thanks,

Paul

txnelson
Super User

Please help me understand.  Below are the results from the following actions....which I thought were the items you wanted to be able to do.

1. Opened the Big Class data table

2. Right clicked in the top area of the Row State Column, and selected "Color or Mark by Column"

3.  Selected the nominal variable Age, and also checked the "Save to Column Property"

4. Opened Graph Builder

5. Dragged column Height to the Y drop area and dragged the column Weight to the X drop area

6. Dragged the column Sex to the Color drop area

Below are the results, showing a Legend, Chart, Data Table Rows and Column Properties all showing the same colors

all the colors.PNG

What am I missing?

Jim
Paul_J
Level III

Interesting ... I set the colum property directly by right-clicking on the column Age and selecting Value Colors.  That marked the rows but did not color the cells and was not preserved on Graph Builder.

When I right-clicked on the row staete column as you listed, it Graph Builder did preserve the colors.

Thanks!

txnelson
Super User

Setting the Value Colors does not set the Row State colors. Only by using the Color or Mark by Column do you get the options to do all of the color operations at once

Jim