Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Onjai
Level III

Closing a JMP modal dialog using JSL

Hi Everyone!

I am working on a script to import excel files stored in SharePoint.  So far I am able to open the web page to SharePoint site and import the Excel sheet.  However, there is a JMP modal window that  opens called "File Download" with the user options of Open, Save or Cancel.  I just need the script to either not open OR to Cancel this window.

I could not locate a "File option" setting in the OPEN function that would prevent this dialog from opening.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Closing a JMP modal dialog using JSL

The short answer is that you can't close a modal window from another script because by the modal window stops the script until the window is closed.  You instead need to prevent the modal window from opening in the first place.  By your later post I suspect you already found a way to do that, if not you might need to rework the function that causes the modal window to open.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Closing a JMP modal dialog using JSL

The short answer is that you can't close a modal window from another script because by the modal window stops the script until the window is closed.  You instead need to prevent the modal window from opening in the first place.  By your later post I suspect you already found a way to do that, if not you might need to rework the function that causes the modal window to open.