cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rfeick
Level IV

Close All Not Working for Journals

I have a script that creates tables and journals based on user selections in a user interface window. I have a button on the user interface that closes all the files the script creates once the user is finished. when the button is clicked the tables close correctly, but there's an alert box asking about saving changes to any journal that is open (depending on user choices there can be up to three journals created by the script). I am using the Close All() function for both the tables and journals with the optional No Save argument. I can't figure out why it's working for the tables, but not for the journals. Acording to what I researched in the scripting index and scripting guide it seems that should be the proper function to use.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Close All Not Working for Journals

I tested Close All() with this example in JMP 14.3, which does work:

w = New Window( "Main Window", Text Box( "Main JMP Window" ) );
w << Journal Window;
Wait( 1 );
Close All( "Journals", "NoSave" );
Wait( 1 );
Close All( "Reports", "NoSave" );

Can you describe anything that you're doing with the journals - maybe how they get created, are they saved to disk at any point, do you append additional information after the journal is initially created?  It may also be important to know which version of JMP you are using.

rfeick
Level IV

Re: Close All Not Working for Journals

I'm using JMP 14.2 and I created a similar test script. I found that Close All worked in the test script. Also, if the test journals were open and I ran the script the Close/Reset buttons in the script would close the test journals without asking about saving changes, but will ask about saving changes for journals being created by the original script. I am using the journals to compile different sorts of graphs and plots. I create the journal and as the plots are created they are added to the appropriate journal after all the plots are added then the journals are saved. No further processing is done by the script to the journals after they are saved.