cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMR
DMR
Level V

Changing the font size of point labels in a Contour Plot

Hi,

In a Contour Plot (or for that matter any chart in which points are automatically labelled with the contents of one or more specified rows and/or columns in the data set from which it is generated) is there any way to change the font size of the labels?

I know I could increase them manually with a Control-Shift-Plus key combination, but doing that increases the font size in every open window, whereas I want the change limited to just the window containing the chart in question.  The same objection precludes my simply modifying the default font size in the Preferences.

Alternatively, I could simply turn them off and replace them with a set of annotations of my own in a larger font size, but if I do that I lose the ability to drag them about the chart manually afterwards - and I'd like to retain that functionality if possible.

Is there any other way to do it?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Changing the font size of point labels in a Contour Plot

You are correct in your assumption.  The only work around that I can think of, is to turn off the labeling and to write a script that places the labels on the chart.  This can be done with a "Make Row State Handler" and "Add Graphics" messages to the chart.  Using this method, you can make the font any size you want.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

You can change the defaults in the Preferences

File==>Preferences==>Fonts

12094_pastedImage_0.png

Jim
DMR
DMR
Level V

Hi Jim, doing that will affect every chart in my output; unfortunately I need to restrict the change to just the one chart I'm working on.  Am I right in thinking this isn't possible?

Kind regards,

David

txnelson
Super User

You are correct in your assumption.  The only work around that I can think of, is to turn off the labeling and to write a script that places the labels on the chart.  This can be done with a "Make Row State Handler" and "Add Graphics" messages to the chart.  Using this method, you can make the font any size you want.

Jim
DMR
DMR
Level V

Hi Jim - I suspected as much, but it's always good to know I'm not missing a trick.  Many thanks.