cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ttupspe
Level I

Changing the Number of Significant Digits Displayed

I am trying to change the number of significant figures on my Distribution Statistics Summary. I am getting a mean with ~10 sig figs but I only need to be reporting up to 3 sig figs. Is there a way I can change the number of decimal places the statistics does to? I am able to create a table and change the values but it does not reflect on my distribution graph.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing Significant Figures

ttupspe,

Double-click on the axis of your graph. That will bring up a dialog where you can control the format of the axis which allows you to specify the number of digits after the decimal that you would like displayed.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ttupspe,

Double-click on the axis of your graph. That will bring up a dialog where you can control the format of the axis which allows you to specify the number of digits after the decimal that you would like displayed.

Dan Obermiller
TCM
TCM
Level IV

My graph is fine and shows the precision I want.  However, the summary statistics shows many many decimal places no matter the format settings.  Am I missing something?  I have JMP 14 Pro.

luisgaliano
Level I

I don't know if there's a way to do it for a whole session or not; if you need to do it for just one distribution, you can just double click right over the value (say, mean = 0.124525) then Format --> Fixed Dec). That will change the number of dec. places shown. I've been looking around in the preferneces, but to my knowledge I couldn't find a way of making that fixed.

Now, if you need to run through multiple distributions in a given sheet, what you can do is run 1 distribution, change the number of decimal places as mentioned above, then click on the red dropdown --> Script --> Column Switcher. Select all the columns you want to see distributions of and that should show you statistics only with the desired # dec. places. If you need to do it for multiple sheets, one single column, changing it once and then copying the script might be faster.

LG