cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PeterMBB
Level II

Changing label in legacy control charts

Hi, often use the legacy control charts, especially IR. Sometimes I want to change sample label from batch# to date and try to do this through the Relaunch analysis function but in the relaunch analysis dialogue it doesn't matter what I choose as Sample label, graph still only remembers the original choice. Any idea on how to fix this except running the IR from scratch?

regards

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Changing label in legacy control charts

It's easy to get lots of charts from Control Chart Builder as well. Use the "New Y Chart" button below the list of columns and you'll get one chart for every column you've got selected.

2023-01-19_16-20-43.355.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
statman
Super User

I get the same result as you.  I would submit this to Jsupport@jmp.com.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
Byron_JMP
Staff

My JMPy friend, it may be time to finally abandon the legacy and embrace the future. Control Chart builder literally does everything the old platform did, plus so much more. Super easy to swap out the label with a drag and drop, in the graph, without having to go to launch another dialog menu. 

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
PeterMBB
Level II

It will be a sad day when legacy charts are removed from jmp, but from your answer I guess that day is not too far off. Hopefully you'll improve regular control charts before that day. What I love about the legacy charts is that I can add 20 variables and hit go, in that way my trending is ready to show in a meeting in seconds where I can scroll through all variables, or copy them to a mail or report in one click. With chart builder I just have one chart that I need to edit with drag and drop. The new function Control Chart (updated) may be my solution as it enables me to generate multiple charts in one window, but Relaunch Analysis brings me to Control Chart Builder instead of the Control Chart dialogue, so I need to start from scratch again. Please fix.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

It's easy to get lots of charts from Control Chart Builder as well. Use the "New Y Chart" button below the list of columns and you'll get one chart for every column you've got selected.

2023-01-19_16-20-43.355.png

-Jeff
statman
Super User

I too am a long-time user of the good old legacy control chart platform.  I've used them for so long and quite honestly I don't trust the AI to give "others" the correct charts.  There must be serious rational thought into how to properly use and interpret control charts.  For example (pardon my rant), changing subgroup size on a range chart is the inappropriate use of the chart (at least based on what Shewhart intended), yet it can easily be done.  I still have to caution folks when interpreting the X-bar chart (which is most often plotting Y's) when the Range shows inconsistency.  In fact, I'm not sure there should be control limits in some of those scenarios as R-bar is not precisely estimable...

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box