cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
alexg
Level I

Changing confidence level of regression parameter

Hi,

Under the Fit Y by X or Fit Model platform, JMP by default gives 95% CI for regression parameters b0, b1, etc.  Is there a way to change the confidence level to, say, 90%?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpb
mpb
Level VII

In the Fit Model dialog, click the red triangle next to Model Specification and choose the Set Alpha item.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

hi Alex,

once you ask for the linear fit all you need to do is click on the red triangle of "linear fit" and select "set alfa level" to whatever you want.

make sure that "confid curve fit" is also selected in that menu.

hope this is what you wanted.

alexg
Level I

Thanks for your reply.  However, that is not what I am looking for.  I am referring to the CI of the parameter estimates of intercept and slope. In the parameter estimate box, by right clicking, one can choose to display 95% CI column for the regression parameters.   My question is:, how do I change it to 90%?

mpb
mpb
Level VII

In the Fit Model dialog, click the red triangle next to Model Specification and choose the Set Alpha item.

alexg
Level I

Thanks.  I appreciate your help.