cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AKHAR
Level I

Changing Legend Text

I am a new JMP user. I am trying to make an overlay plot of five datasets. I would like to change the legend title from the default 'Groups' and also the data-set labels inside the legend.

When I double click the legend, I am able to type text in for both the title and the individual data sets. When I click OK, the legend title gets updated. But, the new series labelsthat I typed in manually does not appear on the updated legend.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Changing Legend Text

I am assuming that your reference use of "dataset" is actually a "Column" within your dataset.  The Overlay Plot Platform can only operate on a single dataset, but allows for the overlaying of multiple columns of data.

The Overlay Platform allows for the changing of the "Group" label, but there is not a direct method to change the text within the label.

However, what I suggest, is that you use the Recode function to change the values of the columns that you are grouping on.

Go to

Help

Then enter in the word "Recode" and the documentation on how to Recode the values within a column will be displayed. 

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

I am assuming that your reference use of "dataset" is actually a "Column" within your dataset.  The Overlay Plot Platform can only operate on a single dataset, but allows for the overlaying of multiple columns of data.

The Overlay Platform allows for the changing of the "Group" label, but there is not a direct method to change the text within the label.

However, what I suggest, is that you use the Recode function to change the values of the columns that you are grouping on.

Go to

Help

Then enter in the word "Recode" and the documentation on how to Recode the values within a column will be displayed. 

Jim
AKHAR
Level I

Thanks a lot!!