cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mananahi
Level I

Changing Legend Labels

I'm creating a bar graph in graph builder and the default names on my legend are "Mean(Treated Seed)" and "Mean(Control Seed)". I would like to change them to just say "Treated Seed" and "Control Seed"  When I open up legend settings and rename the legend item, the preview indicates that the change has been accepted and displays exactly how I want it, but when I press the "OK" button, Nothing changes on my graph 

Does anyone know why? or have other ways of changing the legend item labels?

graph.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Changing Legend Labels

You can determine the version of JMP you are running by going to

Help==>About JMP

I tried to change the legend setting in both JMP 13 and JMP 14, and both showed the same issue that you discovered.  The Chart Platform has been devalued in JMP 14.  Therefore, I doubt if you will be able to get a fix from the JMP folks.  However, you can duplicate the chart you want in Chart Builder, and as I indicated in my last response, you can change the legend settings in Graph Builder.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

I attempted to replicate your issue on JMP 12, 13 and 14.  I was not able find an issue.  What release and operating system are you running on?

Jim
Mananahi
Level I

I'm using JMP Pro 13 on a Microsoft Windows 10 Home. I'm not sure how to tell what release I'm using but, the attached photo is what shows up when I open the program's Properties / Details

Also If it changes anything I realized that I said Graph Builder in my original post. I meant the Chart tool in the Graph pulldown menu.

Capture.PNG

txnelson
Super User

You can determine the version of JMP you are running by going to

Help==>About JMP

I tried to change the legend setting in both JMP 13 and JMP 14, and both showed the same issue that you discovered.  The Chart Platform has been devalued in JMP 14.  Therefore, I doubt if you will be able to get a fix from the JMP folks.  However, you can duplicate the chart you want in Chart Builder, and as I indicated in my last response, you can change the legend settings in Graph Builder.

Jim