cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jonas_Aji
Level I

Change the "values" JMP uses for evaluation of the "warning tests" (violation rules).

Hello there!

So I am using JMP software to add the first three violation rules for my automated control charts - which is fairly easy to enable (manually or scripting, shown here in the manual option):

Jonas_Aji_0-1619442722676.png

However, JMP evaluates the warning rules to the control limits JMP has calculated (UCL/Avg/LCL as shown in the limit summary above). I would like for JMP to evaluate the warning rules to our internal "control limits" (which have been optimised by our R&D department.. in this case that is UCL 102, demand value (instead of Avg) 90 and LCL 85).

Is there any way to do this?

Maybe by overwriting the UCL/Avg/LCL values (for each parameter, I'm running an automated script to assess x-amount of parameters by means of a for-loop, so per iteration I need to overwrite it).

I've seen a video where they change the preference of the warnings, but still using x-times the sigma values.. And that's also not good because I would like to set the limits for each parameter + UCL/LCL aren't necessarily equally as far from the "avg" value.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change the "values" JMP uses for evaluation of the "warning tests" (violation rules).

If you right-click inside the graph, you can select Limits->Set Control Limits.  This will allow you to set your own limits rather than using JMP's calculated limits.  You can also use the set control limits command via JSL (take a look at the Object Scripting Index for an example).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jonas_Aji
Level I

Re: Change the "values" JMP uses for evaluation of the "warning tests" (violation rules).

I was trying to use something like this, without success:

"Chart Col( :Delay,XBar( Avg( X), UCL( Y),LCL( X) ),R),"

with X, Y and Z my internal values.

If you right-click inside the graph, you can select Limits->Set Control Limits.  This will allow you to set your own limits rather than using JMP's calculated limits.  You can also use the set control limits command via JSL (take a look at the Object Scripting Index for an example).