cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gandi2223
Level III

Change line width and colour of multiple fits

Is there a way to change the line width and colour of multiple fits in a bivariate plot in one go? I.e., create a number of fits, then select several (not all) of them and apply the (same) formatting to them in one go, rather than doing it one by one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Change line width and colour of multiple fits

Yes I believe you can accomplish what you are after by...

Right-click in the bivariate plot and choose Customize. Then customize the line color, line style and line width.

then

Right-click Edit>Copy Frame Customizations

then

locate the bivariate to change and Right-click Edit>Paste Customizations

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
louv
Staff (Retired)

Yes I believe you can accomplish what you are after by...

Right-click in the bivariate plot and choose Customize. Then customize the line color, line style and line width.

then

Right-click Edit>Copy Frame Customizations

then

locate the bivariate to change and Right-click Edit>Paste Customizations

gandi2223
Level III

Hi Lou,

thanks for your reply.

This still doesn't allow me to change multiple fits in one go though, does it? I can't select more than one entry in the Customizations dialogue, so that when I have, say, 15 fits, I can change the line width of seven of them in one go. I still have to do it separately for each fit.

I like the approach with copy/past customizations (this would have been my next question, how do I transfer formatting from one plot to the next), however, I can't get it to work. When I've changed, line widths, colours, and line style in one plot, clicking "Edit -> Copy Customizations" in it and then "Edit -> Paste Customizations" in the target plot does not seem to have an effect.

louv
Staff (Retired)

Interesting,

I am able to broadcast the changes to the appropriate graphs by holding the command key (Mac) and pasting the edited customizations made in the plot.

9719_Picture1.png

gandi2223
Level III

Somehow I don't seem to be able to get the pasting of customizations to work.

9722_1.png

9723_2.PNG

9724_3.PNG

9725_4.png

And then in the second plot:

9726_6.png

Result after the paste operation:

9727_7.PNG

So the result does not change, the customizations of the fit to the TYPE="A" data do not change in the second plot.

I have also tried to copy the customizations of the initial plot, change them in the customizations dialogue, and paste them to the same plot to see if the changes get reverted, but that's not the case either.

This is on JMP 11.2.1 (64 bit) on Windows 7.

louv
Staff (Retired)

Perhaps it's best to contact support@jmp.com to see if they can replicate your difficulties.

gandi2223
Level III

JMP support got back to me, their reply was as follows:

"I am able to replicate the problem using JMP 11.2.1.  The good news is that it is fixed in JMP 12."

gandi2223
Level III

I can confirm that upgrading to JMP 12 fixed the issue.

Changing question to 'answered'.