cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nm1
nm1
Level I

Change format to duration with script

I am importing data from an excel spreadsheet. I have one column that exists in this excel as a duration (format=min:s). This is imported automatically as character. I would like to change it to a duration within a script. As suggested in lots of posts (eg here:  

I tried the following:

column(dt,"Cycle Time")<<data type(Numeric)<<Modeling Type(Continuous)<<Format( "min:s",12,0);

but this gives me a column of only missing values. (dt is my imported data table, "Cycle Time" is the name of the column). The conversion works when I do it manually, using the Column Info dialog.

I am using Jmp15.1.0 on Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change format to duration with script

There is an optional form of the << Data Type message that combines all three steps:

Capture.JPG

So your code might change to:

Column( dt, "Cycle Time" ) << Data Type( "Numeric", Format( "min:s" ) ) << Modeling Type( "Continuous" );

See if that form works better.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is an optional form of the << Data Type message that combines all three steps:

Capture.JPG

So your code might change to:

Column( dt, "Cycle Time" ) << Data Type( "Numeric", Format( "min:s" ) ) << Modeling Type( "Continuous" );

See if that form works better.

nm1
nm1
Level I

Yep, that did the trick - thanks for the quick response!