cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mperuffo
Level II

Change MySQL ODBC Driver version

I am trying to connect JMP to a MySQL database but JMP give me only the latest version of drivers even if on my machine I have the old version that is the only one compatible with the database.

I have installed the correct drivers and as you can see on the attached picture on the Admin tools I have the the 5.1 version that is compatible and I can connect the database to the system.

However when I use JMP I have only the 8.0 that is not compatible with the database.

Picture1.png

 Any idea how I can use a different drive version within JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Change MySQL ODBC Driver version

I think if you have 64bit JMP it will only look for drivers you can find from 64-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator. I'm not sure if there are any ways to look for 32bit drivers with 64bit JMP.

I think JMP support maybe be able to help you out with this one. You can contact them by sending email to: support@jmp.com

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Could you be comparing 32bit and 64bit drivers by accident?

-Jarmo
mperuffo
Level II

On the admin tool I am on the 32 panel and I have installed only the 32 version of mysql drivers

jthi
Super User

I think if you have 64bit JMP it will only look for drivers you can find from 64-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator. I'm not sure if there are any ways to look for 32bit drivers with 64bit JMP.

I think JMP support maybe be able to help you out with this one. You can contact them by sending email to: support@jmp.com

-Jarmo
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

@jthi is correct. The ODBC driver must match the "bitness" of the application using it. So, since JMP is 64-bit, the ODBC driver must also be 64-bit.

It looks like you might be able to download a 64-bit MySQL ODBC driver here.

-Jeff
mperuffo
Level II

Thanks, I installed the 64bit version of the same drivers and now I can find the driver on the JMP panel too.