cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tajrida
Level III

Change (Increase/Decrease) Font size for Value Labels in Graph Builder charts

How do I change (Increase/Decrease) Font size for Value Labels in Graph Builder charts?

Mohammed Ahmed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SirBWhite
Level II

Re: Change (Increase/Decrease) Font size for Value Labels in Graph Builder charts

Hi,

This is a global setting that can be found in the Preferences menu under Fonts.  Change the Text font to change the Value Label font.

PreferencesPreferences

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SirBWhite
Level II

Re: Change (Increase/Decrease) Font size for Value Labels in Graph Builder charts

Hi,

This is a global setting that can be found in the Preferences menu under Fonts.  Change the Text font to change the Value Label font.

PreferencesPreferences

BSwid
Level IV

Is this the only way to change a label on a graph?  Because it changes the text size for everything.  We can't just change the labels on that particular graph? 

@BSwid

You can always double click on an axis within a graph to open the axis editor to change font and font size. This would be in an ad hoc fashion. If you routinely want to edit specific graphs or axes the same way, then creating a script and saving it as an add-in could help.

Check out the scripting guide in Help>Books>Scripting Guide for some guidance.

Chris

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com
bobmorrane
Level V

Some font size can't be changed... ever...

With cell labels, the font size never changes, even if you change everything in the preferences.

With grouping variables, it only chanegs when you change the general "text" option in the preferences, however this changes everything in the software and if you've ever tried doing this, it messes everything up.

~~Bob~~

In JMP 15, there is a new font preference for Graph Labels which only affects labels on data elements within the graph.

bobmorrane
Level V

Well let's hope I get JMP 15 some time soon!
~~Bob~~
ezorlo
Level IV

This does not work

shannonc681
Level I

Refreshing for 2022...  I was looking for this when I stumbled on your question, the answers here helped me find the following solution.

I have jmp 16 and it  has "Graph Label" Font preferences:

shannonc681_0-1662769987961.png

Before:

shannonc681_2-1662770152844.png

After:

shannonc681_1-1662770093820.png

Best Regards,

Shannon

Avi_l
Level I

About 5 years after the original post was created and the only solution for this is a walk-around to the settings.