cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dsoltz
Level II

Cannot move or remove annotations on graph (JMP 14)

Graph was created using a saved script on the data table. Graph was modiliable, however, the text annotations are locked into place.

Is there a simple way to unlock them if the graph size or axis ranges are changed?

Alternately I can create new text annotations, but would need to delete the old ones.

Thanks,

Dave

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot move or remove annotations on graph (JMP 14)

When you click near the middle of a text annotation, it will go into "edit" mode.  If you click near the border (watch for a cursor change, you can select the annotation, and handles will show up for repositioning and resizing:

Untitled.png

You can press 'Delete' when the annotation is selected to remove it.

When dealing with annotations and axes, it's helpful to know that an annotation will be anchored to the axes and will move automatically with axis changes if the annotation is created in a graph frame.  If you move an annotation into or out of a frame, you can optionally reanchor it from the right-click menu:

Anchor.png

This may help to avoid having to reposition annotations when the graph size or axes change.

View solution in original post

dsoltz
Level II

Thanks Dan.

Yes, I am familiar with the standard procedure for moving and editing annotations. This works properly when I add new annotationst; they can be moved, edited, or deleted. However, annotations that are created by the script cannot be changed.

Is there some way to unlock such text so that they can be repositioned, changed, or deleted?

Thanks,

Dave

dsoltz
Level II

Perhaps this was only an anomaly. If I save the graphing script, close the graph, and then re-open it, all annotations are editable.

No need to spend time trying to figure this out. I'll re-open this post if the problem re-occurs.

Thanks,
Dave

4 REPLIES 4

When you click near the middle of a text annotation, it will go into "edit" mode.  If you click near the border (watch for a cursor change, you can select the annotation, and handles will show up for repositioning and resizing:

Untitled.png

You can press 'Delete' when the annotation is selected to remove it.

When dealing with annotations and axes, it's helpful to know that an annotation will be anchored to the axes and will move automatically with axis changes if the annotation is created in a graph frame.  If you move an annotation into or out of a frame, you can optionally reanchor it from the right-click menu:

Anchor.png

This may help to avoid having to reposition annotations when the graph size or axes change.

dsoltz
Level II

Thanks Dan.

Yes, I am familiar with the standard procedure for moving and editing annotations. This works properly when I add new annotationst; they can be moved, edited, or deleted. However, annotations that are created by the script cannot be changed.

Is there some way to unlock such text so that they can be repositioned, changed, or deleted?

Thanks,

Dave

dsoltz
Level II

Perhaps this was only an anomaly. If I save the graphing script, close the graph, and then re-open it, all annotations are editable.

No need to spend time trying to figure this out. I'll re-open this post if the problem re-occurs.

Thanks,
Dave

That is odd - unless there is another object interfering in the "picking" of the annotation, I'm not sure why this would occur.  I tried saving to jrp, jsl, and jrn files and was able to edit all of them.  If it happens with a report that you can share, you can upload it or send to tech support and we can look at it further.