Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SDF1
Super User

Can you resize radio boxes?

Hi All,

I've been looking to see if it's possible to resize radio boxes or the panel box that the radio box is in. So far, it seems that it's only possible to resize panel boxes if they contain list boxes, but not radio boxes. If you do it at the Panel Box() or Radio Box() level, the contents are empty in the panel box. If you define the Radio Box() as a variable, say "rb" and then call rb << Set width(xxxx), nothing happens.

I'm hoping to change the width of the radio box in my popup window, and maybe also change the wrap setting for the radio box().

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!,

DS

Here's some example code I'm working with to try and change the width.

Names Default To Here( 1 );

nwin = New Window( "This is a window",
	Panel Box( "Options", rb = Radio Box( {"Option A", "Option B", "Option C"} )	 )	
);
Wait(2);
rb<<set width(10);
2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Can you resize radio boxes?

Here are 2 methods of changing the width.

txnelson_0-1633114118719.png

All of the messages that can be passed to an object are detailed in the Scripting Index.  Look for Panel Box or Radio Box

Names Default To Here( 1 );

Panel Box( "Options",
		H List Box(
			rb = Radio Box(
				{"Option A", "Option B", "Option C"}
			),
			Spacer Box( size( 300, 1 ) )
		)
	)
);

// or using a non printable character

Panel Box( "Options",
		rb = Radio Box(
			{"Option A        \!t", "Option B", "Option C"}
		)
	)
);
Jim
SDF1
Super User

Re: Can you resize radio boxes?

Hi @txnelson ,

Thanks for the examples on how to change the width. For aesthetic reasons in the actual window I'm working on, I would like to shrink the width down and then have the text after the radio button to wrap to the next line. From what I can tell reading in my Scripting Guide and from online posts, that aspect of radio boxes is not an option. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to do something like with Text Boxes where you can send <<Set Width ()<<Set Wrap() to adjust the visual  display of the Button Box.

Thanks!,

DS