cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Can you plot an average of multiple scatterplots and make into a table?

HI

New user to JMP here.  I have a question regarding how to average multiple scatteprlots and plot the resultant average and make a table out of the data.  For example

I have 3 scatterplots all ranging 15000-35000 (integer value only) in X and the response for of three different machines in Y.  I would like to take the average response for each discrete point and plot that and also save the resulting data table.  One problem is that there can be multiple responses for one input.

For example:

For X of 15,000 here are my 4 values:

For X of 15,001

For X of 15,002

and so forth. I would like to get the average of each value and then plot the resultant point so I would then have a

X = 15000 would give  Y 23875

X = 15001 would give Y  22500

X = 15002 would give Y 22000

and all the way up to 35000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Can you plot an average of multiple scatterplots and make into a table?

All you have to do is to go to:

Tables==>Summary

You can create a new table, using your X column as the "Group" column, and then specify all of the reponse variables you want, and the statistics to calculate for each of them.

Then all you have to do, is to graph the data from the new table

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AN alternative to my question would be is there a possible way to output the data table that is used to plot a smoothed curve that can be produced by the graph builder? I would expect that the data would be saved in such a fashion that I could extract the data from that graph. it would give me a close enough approximation for the mean of all the data points

txnelson
Super User

Using the:

Analyze==>Fit Y by X

platform, you can specify under the red triangle to sit a "Flexable" line, and then choose spline, or you can specify to use a Polynomial to fit the data.  In either case, oce the lines are fit or adjusted, you can then save the predicted values, and then plot against those values.

Jim
txnelson
Super User

All you have to do is to go to:

Tables==>Summary

You can create a new table, using your X column as the "Group" column, and then specify all of the reponse variables you want, and the statistics to calculate for each of them.

Then all you have to do, is to graph the data from the new table

Jim

Ah. that works great. Now I feel silly. Thank you for the quick response