cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
caseylott
Level IV

Can I use JMP's profiler without fitting a model, using equations from previously published models?

Hi everyone,

I love JMP's profilers and have used them a bunch of different ways. However, I've always used them after fitting a model. In this case, I would like to use a profiler to explore the behavior of some models that other people have published. I don't have their original data to fit my own model; only the published prediction equations. Is there some way I can enter a prediction equation and run the profiler without underlying data? Or, does there have to be underlying raw data to fit the model and then use the profiler?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Casey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Can I use JMP's profiler without fitting a model, using equations from previously published models?

Sure, you can profile any formula you can build in the Formula Editor.

Use Graph->Profiler and use any column with a formula. If your formula column references columns with formulas you may want to use the Expand Intermediate Formulas option.

image.gif

Attached is an example data table with a simple formula to show how this can work.

2021-05-14_20-27-49.217.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Can I use JMP's profiler without fitting a model, using equations from previously published models?

Sure, you can profile any formula you can build in the Formula Editor.

Use Graph->Profiler and use any column with a formula. If your formula column references columns with formulas you may want to use the Expand Intermediate Formulas option.

image.gif

Attached is an example data table with a simple formula to show how this can work.

2021-05-14_20-27-49.217.png

-Jeff
caseylott
Level IV

Thank you @Jeff_Perkinson . I can't wait to give this a try!

Casey