cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
caseylott
Level IV

Can I increase the number of words shown in a word cloud?

Is there a way to set a desired number of terms to show in a Word Cloud? Is it also possible to set up the Word cloud to display all terms above a specified minimum count (e.g., all terms that occur >100 times in the Corpus)? I can't seem to find these options. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Can I increase the number of words shown in a word cloud?

Sorry, I have just realised that you wanted to INCREASE the number of words in the cloud - it is my fault for not reading this properly.

I will have to have a look at that. I am not sure if it is possible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Kay
Staff

You can select all the terms in the Term list with Count < 100 (hold shift and click) and then right-click > Add Stop Word. These terms will then not appear in the Word Cloud.
Phil_Kay
Staff

Sorry, I have just realised that you wanted to INCREASE the number of words in the cloud - it is my fault for not reading this properly.

I will have to have a look at that. I am not sure if it is possible.
Phil_Kay
Staff

I can't see a way to do this. My guess is that there is a limit imposed to make sure the World Cloud fits in the report window.

I think you will have to add this to the Wish List.

caseylott
Level IV

Again, thanks @Phil_Kay . I just added this to the wish list. Sorry I didn't mark this as solved earlier.