cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Can I add connective lettering to non-parametric graphs?

I performed non-parametric tests and graphed the results. I was wondering if/how to label my graph with letters denoting statistical differences in JMP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Can I add connective lettering to non-parametric graphs?

There is not a built in function to do this, however it can be done.

If your need is to do this interactively, the letter values can be added using the annotation tool.  But I assume what you want is to have the letter values to automatically be added.

To do this, a script would need to be written to parse out the letters from the report table, and then using an Add Graphics Script, add the letters to the top of each bar.  

I will point you to the Scripting Guide to get started.  It is in the JMP Documentation Library, available under the Help pull down menu.  It will give you the components of the language, as well as the documentation on how to work with the display trees in the report output.

The Community will be here to help you with problems you come across.  Enjoy your journey.

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

It would be helpful to know what platform you are using to  get the connectedn letters from, and also a mockup of what you are envisioning your output graph will look like.

Jim

VarianceRaccoon_0-1659489408427.png

This is an example of the type of graph I am trying to build. I am using JMP student app. I used a Welch and Wilcoxon test and would like to have letters that denote statistical differences in means.

txnelson
Super User

There is not a built in function to do this, however it can be done.

If your need is to do this interactively, the letter values can be added using the annotation tool.  But I assume what you want is to have the letter values to automatically be added.

To do this, a script would need to be written to parse out the letters from the report table, and then using an Add Graphics Script, add the letters to the top of each bar.  

I will point you to the Scripting Guide to get started.  It is in the JMP Documentation Library, available under the Help pull down menu.  It will give you the components of the language, as well as the documentation on how to work with the display trees in the report output.

The Community will be here to help you with problems you come across.  Enjoy your journey.

Jim

I am comparing hundreds of data points and want to label the means that are statistically different from on another. Can I only accomplish this through the scripting process you described above? 

txnelson
Super User

I am not aware of any other way of handling it in JMP

Jim