cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SamD
Level II

Match cell value in one column to multiple cells in another column

Hello, I have a data table with many columns that I need to review and find a few data points of concerns. I writing a script that will find, color, select then extract to another subset table. My issue is with the find portion of the script. To give you an example, my table has a timestamp record for every data point/cell. I need to find matching cells in timestamp column then look at multiple matching Fails in column Results. The "F2" is just one fail, could be others F3, 4, 5... the key is the matching cells in Results column are same repeating value.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

SamD_0-1659634256506.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Match cell value in one column to multiple cells in another column

I would simply create a Summary data table, grouping by timestamp and fail.  Then if you search on N Rows, for any value greater than 1, you will have found all of the timestamps with repeating fails.

Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

II assume what you need to use is either

dt << select where(:Timestamp == "PTD0.656249835258169");

or

x = dt << get rows where( :Timestamp == "PTD0.656249835258169" );

Running interactively, you can click on the cell in question, then right click and select.........."Select Matching Cells"

Jim
SamD
Level II

Thanks Jim, but I would still need to find the repeated or same value fails in column Results. also the timestamp is not static it keeps changing

Best

txnelson
Super User

I was just pointing you to functions that I thought you might be able to use to get what you need.  You may be able to use a Row State Handler to trigger the selections of the results etc.  If you can provide more specifics on the exact methodology you use, and the rules you are using for your selection, the community may be able to give you more assistance.

Jim
SamD
Level II

Thanks Jim, I used few select statements similar to yours but not giving me what I need. sorry if I confused you, finding the timestamp is easy.

I need a script that looks at every unique timestamp then evaluate the relevant results and flag if any it is a repeating fails.

In my data I always have 4 consecutive rows with same timestamp. good data should not have the same repeating fail within same time stamp.

as I mentioned timestamp is not static it keeps changing but always 4 consecutive rows will have the same timestamp.

I am trying to automate this since each file I get will have 100k rows in it.

Thank you

txnelson
Super User

I would simply create a Summary data table, grouping by timestamp and fail.  Then if you search on N Rows, for any value greater than 1, you will have found all of the timestamps with repeating fails.

Jim
SamD
Level II

Thanks Jim, that actually might work for what I need thanks you!