Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
josephc
Level I

Calculation for predicted response for RMSE in DOE

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to DOE and I am wondering, how does JMP calculate the the predicted response for the predicted plot when analyzing DOE data? 

josephc_1-1656103148515.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Calculation for predicted response for RMSE in DOE

The predicted values are calculated using the regression equation that has been fit to the data. You can find the equation under Red Triangle > Estimates > Show Prediction Expression. You also can save the equation as a formula column to your data table (Red Triangle > Save Columns > Prediction Formula) to obtain the predicted values for each observation. Right click on the new column header and select Formula to view the formula, which will match the Prediction Expression. All the regression coefficients you see will match the estimates in the Parameter Estimates section of the Fit Model report.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Calculation for predicted response for RMSE in DOE

The predicted values are calculated using the regression equation that has been fit to the data. You can find the equation under Red Triangle > Estimates > Show Prediction Expression. You also can save the equation as a formula column to your data table (Red Triangle > Save Columns > Prediction Formula) to obtain the predicted values for each observation. Right click on the new column header and select Formula to view the formula, which will match the Prediction Expression. All the regression coefficients you see will match the estimates in the Parameter Estimates section of the Fit Model report.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador