cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
emma_121
Level I

Calculating & Positive Response

I have some Consumer Research data, in which the answer set was an agreement scale (Agree Strongly, Agree, Agree Slightly, Disagree Slightly, Disagree and Disagree Strongly). How do I combine the % totals for all the positive respondents (i.e. those that selected any of the Agree answer sets) in JMP?

I have attached an Excel example for reference.

If possible, an interactive explanation would be great.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Calculating & Positive Response

There is a column property called Supercategories where you can define the levels of the response that you want to group together into the positive response.  This property is used in the categorical platform when analyzing your survey data. 

If you have multiple columns you would like to apply the supercategories property to, define it for one, and use Standardize Attributes to copy the property to the other response columns. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,
It looks like you may be able to get what you need by simply creating a new Column with the formula: (Sum (N Agree Strongly, N Agree, N Agree Slightly)/ Total N). You can then format the output as Percent (Column Info > Format > Percent).
Is that you were looking for?
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

There is a column property called Supercategories where you can define the levels of the response that you want to group together into the positive response.  This property is used in the categorical platform when analyzing your survey data. 

If you have multiple columns you would like to apply the supercategories property to, define it for one, and use Standardize Attributes to copy the property to the other response columns.