cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
arcadinal
Level I

CIs other then 95% for Parameter Estimates

I am currently working with a linear fit via the "Fit Y by X" option in JMP. In regards to the Parameter Estimates table, there is an option when right clicking on the table under "columns" to add columns for the upper and lower 95% confidence intervals for the Intercept and x4, but what if I want to know confidence intervals other then 95%? Is there a way to get JMP to display other values? (i.e. 90% or 99%)?

7295_CIQuestion.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: CIs other then 95% for Parameter Estimates

Hi Arcadinal,

In Fit Y by X the confidence level for the parameter estimate confidence intervals is not selectable. However, you can perform the identical analysis with the more flexible Fit Model and in that platform you can set the confidence level for the confidence intervals. To set the alpha level, first launch Fit Model (Analyze > Fit Model) and specify your Y and X variables. Before clicking Run, click the Red Triangle in the model launch and select Set Alpha Level. To get 99% intervals, enter .01, for 90% intervals enter .10.

7296_Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 10.43.05 AM.png

Next, reveal the confidence intervals in the same way you did before (right clicking the Parameter Estimates > Columns). You will find confidence intervals corresponding to the alpha level you specified.

7297_Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 10.43.14 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Julian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
julian

Hi Arcadinal,

In Fit Y by X the confidence level for the parameter estimate confidence intervals is not selectable. However, you can perform the identical analysis with the more flexible Fit Model and in that platform you can set the confidence level for the confidence intervals. To set the alpha level, first launch Fit Model (Analyze > Fit Model) and specify your Y and X variables. Before clicking Run, click the Red Triangle in the model launch and select Set Alpha Level. To get 99% intervals, enter .01, for 90% intervals enter .10.

7296_Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 10.43.05 AM.png

Next, reveal the confidence intervals in the same way you did before (right clicking the Parameter Estimates > Columns). You will find confidence intervals corresponding to the alpha level you specified.

7297_Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 10.43.14 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Julian

arcadinal
Level I

That does it, thank you!

julian

You're welcome! I'm glad that answered your question.

Julian