cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

Buttonbox to Zoom in/out Chart?

Does anyone know if one could buttonbox() some JSL to zoom in and another buttonbox() to zoom out a JMP chart?  In this case a bivariate chart display x/y coordinates.

I don't mind the stock JMP magnifier tool, but it doesn't allow zoom out and it would be nicer to let the user do this with a JSL control box of some sort. 

So wasn't sure if there is some source JSL code that might do the chart zooming in/out?  thx, DJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buttonbox to Zoom in/out Chart?

I'm sure you could create something using the Min and Max settings for the axis boxes.

However, you can zoom out if you hold the control key and click with the magnifier tool. Click zooms in, ctrl-click (or command-click on the Mac) zooms out.

You can also zoom in and out by holding the control key and using the mouse's scroll wheel. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What do you mean by "it doesn't allow zoom out?"

djhanson
Level V

ok my bad...just discovered that "ctrl+magnifier" zooms out.  (minor thing: JMP should probably put a little minus sign in the magnifier icon with this action - it doesn't or at least in JMP12.x)

Anyways, I'll try coding in max/min of x/y axis' as the other poster described.  My intent was to see if there was some other way to take control of the magnifier via JSL code instead.  DJ

I'm sure you could create something using the Min and Max settings for the axis boxes.

However, you can zoom out if you hold the control key and click with the magnifier tool. Click zooms in, ctrl-click (or command-click on the Mac) zooms out.

You can also zoom in and out by holding the control key and using the mouse's scroll wheel.