cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Bulk change to log scale and color of reference line

Hi,

I used "fit y by x" in JMP16 to generate about 25 graphs. How can I change all of their scales to log scale without going to individual graph's axis settings please?

Also, each one of the graphs have their unique USL that gets displayed a reference line in color blue. How could I change all the 25 reference line's color from blue to red please?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bulk change to log scale and color of reference line

If you used a variable with 25 levels in the By role so that all the plots are in the same window, then right-click on the axis that you changed and select Copy Axis Settings. Then press and hold the CTRL key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac), right-click on the axis of another plot and select Paste Axis Settings.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the tip. Unfortunately, when I do that following 2 things happen,

- The y-axis data range is different for all the 25 graphs and hence upon pasting the axis settings the data points move outside of the visible range.

- Each graph has its own unique spec limit, thus, when i paste the axis settings the spec limits from source graph gets pasted to the new graph and i have more than 1 spec limit

I have attached semiconductor capability.jmp as an example. See script "Fit Y by X - log scale 2" please

I think that the solution might be more complicated than I thought at first. It will require scripting. I do not have time to write a script at the moment.

jthi
Super User

Changing Y-axis is fairly easy

Names Default To Here(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

fg = dt << Fit Group(
	Oneway(Y(:NPN1), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:PNP1), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:PNP2), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:NPN2), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:PNP3), X(:lot_id)),
	<<{Arrange in Rows(1)}
);

axis_box_refs = (Report(fg) << XPath("//OutlineBox[starts-with(text(), 'Oneway Analysis of')]//AxisBox"));
axis_box_refs[1::N Items(axis_box_refs)::2] << Scale("Log");

updating colors of reference lines is most likely a bit more difficult and and will depend on where you are getting the limits from.

-Jarmo

Thanks jthi. This worked for changing to log scale