cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OneNorthJMP
Level V

Boxplot with distribution plot like aside in same chart

I wondering JMP able to plot boxplot and distribution side by side like the chart i show below? I try to use graph builder, combine boxplot and point plot together. Set the point chart jitter to positive grid, look a bit similar but the jitter point look really aweful, try to use the jitter limit to adjust, but there is no much can do. Any other suggestion that can make the boxplot and distribution plot side by side in better way? Any suggestion welcome. Thanks 

Capture.PNGboxplot_distribution.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Boxplot with distribution plot like aside in same chart

The default box plot with histograms in JMP is:histo1.PNG

By clicking on the red triangle under the output from the Fit Y by X platform, the histograms can be selected.

Additionally, if you get into scripting, you can do just about anything you want, such as the below mock up of one possible style

histo2.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JMP does not create exactly the same chart. Try Analyze > Distribution. It plots the histogram and box plot automatially for each variable you enter in the Y role.

txnelson
Super User

The default box plot with histograms in JMP is:histo1.PNG

By clicking on the red triangle under the output from the Fit Y by X platform, the histograms can be selected.

Additionally, if you get into scripting, you can do just about anything you want, such as the below mock up of one possible style

histo2.PNG

Jim
OneNorthJMP
Level V

This look closer than what i want. 

Raj
Raj
Level II

i need to know, in graph builder ( Boxplot ) it is possible to create distribution with CPK..?