cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ifink68
Level I

Box Plot option in Variability Gauge Chart

When I turn on the Box Plot option in the Variability Gauge Chart, I get a quantile box plot where the whiskers are essentially range bars that extend to max and min values.  Is it possible to change the style that is displayed to be the outlier box plot?  That would be more useful for my application.  Even better (I think), could the extent of the whiskers be customized in some way to extend to specific min/max% of the distribution. Ex 5% & 95%.   I realize it is easy to switch the style of box plot in chart builder but I have gotten most of the way toward what I need w/ the Variability Charts, and am hoping there is a "knob" that allows the changes I am describing.  Thanks for any help out there.

2 REPLIES 2
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Box Plot option in Variability Gauge Chart

The default box plots, I believe, are outlier box plots so first make sure you are not confusing the "range bars" with the box plots.  The range bars can be removed under the red triangle.  However, there is a way to customize the box plots. To do so:  Right click>>customize>>select box plot and then there are some options for box style with additional check box options for additional features.  You can also change the color of the box plots here.  You do have to change each box plot individually, which is tedious if you want them all the same but useful if you want differences (such as colors).

ifink68
Level I

Re: Box Plot option in Variability Gauge Chart

Thank you.  I hadn't played w/ customize yet... That's handy and I'll use it at other times, for this question the box plots are in a trend chart currently at ~70 points and growing.  We use the filter to zoom as needed.  Is there a way to change the default in preferences specific to the box plots used in the Variability Gauge Chart?  Range bars are definitely off, but thank for the double check.  I'm guessing there is something clever that could be done in jsl, but scripting is not in my tool belt yet.  Thank you.