cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mdunlap
Level II

Bootstrapping in JMP 15

In JMP 14, you could right click on the values in the output to obtain bootstrap confidence intervals.   However, in JMP 15, this no longer appears to be an option.   Does anyone know if JMP removed the bootstrap option completely or if they moved it to some other location?   

JMP Bootstrap.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
txnelson
Super User

Re: Bootstrapping in JMP 15

Here is an output from a Distribution Platform in JMP 15.2, and the Bootstrap option is present

bootstrap.PNG

Jim
mdunlap
Level II

I updated to 15.2.1 and it's still not showing there.

mdunlap_0-1607289283767.png

txnelson
Super User

Try right clicking over the statistical values in the column, not the names of the statistics

Also, the documentation indicates that it is JMP Pro only

Jim
mdunlap
Level II

When I was able to get the bootstrap as an option in JMP 14, clicking on the words was different from clicking on the numbers.  In this case, I am definitely right-clicking on the values.   Bootstrap simply is not an option for me.   I've tried it on my home computer as well as my work computer.

One thing I did find is that for JMP 15, bootstrap is an option for the MAC but for my Windows version, it is not an option.   I may try to uninstall and reinstall JMP to see if that helps.

txnelson
Super User

Are you running JMP Pro?
Jim
mdunlap
Level II

Yes.

mdunlap_0-1607291926420.png

txnelson
Super User

I have come to the end of my ideas on what the issue could be. Hopefully another Community member will have an idea, or you could contact the JMP Support folks.
Jim
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Based on the 'about 'screenshot from your message on DEC 6, 2020 1:10 PM it does not look like you have JMP Pro.  As @txnelson suggested I believe that is the issue. I would make sure you have the windows installer files for JMP Pro and run the install again. If that doesn't work this look like an issue for support.

mdunlap
Level II

In the programs list on the computer, it does mention "JMP Pro 15".   Can someone that has JMP Pro 15 post their "about" to compare?

mdunlap_0-1607375807465.png