cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lisamaley
Level III

Bookmark groups for Projects

In JMP 15 I made a project that contained several bookmark groups.   It was a decision tree.   It would ask the person a question, then if they said yes, it would open another bookmark group with scripts in it, if they answered no, it would open another bookmark group with another set of scripts.  In JMP 15 you just archived your entire project and you could send the entire thing over.   In JMP 16 I believe you have to put everything in contents before sharing it and the archive went away.    I can figure out how to move my scripts to contents and share it, but my structure is missing.   Is there a way to share my book mark groups with the project with other people?

lisamaley_1-1665169187022.png

Here is a screen shot of some of my book marks.  If they choose fractional factorial, then a set of scripts show up.  If they choose full factorial another set of scripts show up.  I want to share this with the structure, but cannot figure it out.  I have looked at Chapter 10 in Using JMP.  I have a Mac version  16.0.0.

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bookmark groups for Projects

Yes, project archives were replaced in JMP 16 with self-contained projects, which we feel provide all the same benefits in a much simpler way.

If you've saved your files to the project contents, you're most of the way there already. The only remaining step is to update the bookmarks to point to the project contents copies instead of the original disk paths. The easiest way to do that is probably to just delete the script bookmarks, but leave the bookmarks groups in place. Then drag each file from the contents pane to the correct bookmarks group to create a new bookmark.

A possibly simpler alternative might be to just forgo the bookmarks altogether, and create the decision tree you want as folders in the project contents itself. (However, for compatibility with Microsoft Windows filesystem limitations, you wouldn't be able to include the question mark character in the folder names).

Another idea would be to create a JMP Journal and use outline boxes and file links in the same manner:

aaron_andersen_0-1665434696312.png

Hope that helps. If you're still having difficulty making it work, send me a direct message and I'll walk you through it.

Aa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, project archives were replaced in JMP 16 with self-contained projects, which we feel provide all the same benefits in a much simpler way.

If you've saved your files to the project contents, you're most of the way there already. The only remaining step is to update the bookmarks to point to the project contents copies instead of the original disk paths. The easiest way to do that is probably to just delete the script bookmarks, but leave the bookmarks groups in place. Then drag each file from the contents pane to the correct bookmarks group to create a new bookmark.

A possibly simpler alternative might be to just forgo the bookmarks altogether, and create the decision tree you want as folders in the project contents itself. (However, for compatibility with Microsoft Windows filesystem limitations, you wouldn't be able to include the question mark character in the folder names).

Another idea would be to create a JMP Journal and use outline boxes and file links in the same manner:

aaron_andersen_0-1665434696312.png

Hope that helps. If you're still having difficulty making it work, send me a direct message and I'll walk you through it.

Aa

lisamaley
Level III

Oh, I like keeping things in Projects so that they can keep the project file after running the scripts.  I think I understand what to do, I will try it.  Thanks!