cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
natalie_
Level V

Blank reports?

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this, but when someone else at work goes to the directory on their computer where reports are saved, the plots all are blank.  Actually it only happens on one person's computer, and I was just wondering why this might be.  Any ideas?  The plots are in the report but without data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Blank reports?

Try this method to eval the variable before creating the formula:

F = Eval Expr(100 * (Col Rank(:Name("RdsOn Ratio")) / Expr(row)));

dtSummary << New Column("RP RdsOn Ratio", Numeric, Formula(Name Expr(F)));

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
txnelson
Super User

Natalie,

It appears that individual is not able to get to the data tables that are needed for the reports.  Where are the tables that go with the reports? 

Jim
Craige_Hales
Super User

check the JMP Log for messages.

Are these reports in .JRN or .JRP or some other file type?

Craige
natalie_
Level V

Hi all,

So my colleague let me use their computer.  I see what the problem is, just not why it is happening.

I have three columns with formulas:

dtSummary << New Column("RdsOn HT", Numeric, Formula(1000*0.01/(:Id HT)));

dtSummary << New Column("RdsOn Ratio", Numeric, Formula((:RdsOn HT)/(:RdsOn)));

dtSummary << New Column ("RP RdsOn Ratio", Numeric, Formula(100*(Col Rank(:Name("RdsOn Ratio"))/row)));

When my colleague opens the report, the column RP RdsOn Ratio is blank.  When I open it on my computer, everything is fine.  This is saved as a .jrp file and the data table is embedded.

My guess is that this is happening because I am using row as a variable.  However, on my computer it is fine?

natalie_
Level V

I guess I should explain more about that variable.  It represents the number of rows in the data table which I won't know until after my script is run.  It is incremented in a loop.  If my guess is correct in that the variable is causing the problem, how can I go about fixing it?

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Try this method to eval the variable before creating the formula:

F = Eval Expr(100 * (Col Rank(:Name("RdsOn Ratio")) / Expr(row)));

dtSummary << New Column("RP RdsOn Ratio", Numeric, Formula(Name Expr(F)));

Craige_Hales
Super User

that's a better idea than I was having.

Craige
natalie_
Level V

Thank you, seems to be working so far!

Craige_Hales
Super User

are you using a by variable in the report,  and is the numeric column really blank, and not missing values (period characters)? 

Craige