cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Best Method of Monitoring SPCs from Different Data Tables

I am monitoring a large number of SPCs and am trying to understand the best way to accomplish this within JMP 17. At the moment, I have a JMP Project set up with ~100 different data tables. I have a script in each that performs the appropriate analysis for each data table and an overarching script that will iterate through each data table and execute the analysis script in that data table. I am then manually opening each result, checking for control, and dumping it into a report in Microsoft Word. At the moment it seems very bulky. Is there a better way to do this?

For a variety of reasons, I don't think I can combine the data tables. Either they use different statistical methods or because I need to be able to exclude individual data points and mark why they were excluded.

I am not a programmer, but I also am not afraid of some coding, especially if given some direction.

1 REPLY 1
shampton82
Level VII

Re: Best Method of Monitoring SPCs from Different Data Tables

Hey @PowerMeerkat608 

I had this same problem and the way I came up with combining the tables was to stack them and then split them. I used a date time column as the unifying item between them all.  When you stack the tables, all your columns of interest will go into a "Label" column and the data values will be in a "Data" column.  The extra columns you keep are just additive to the tables.  The key is to rename the columns to be as consistent as possible, so in my case I renames columns listing pieces of equipment to "Equipment", that way no matter how many data tables I join I will only have one column with equipment.  After you have stacked all your tables, concatenate them then split them back out so that all the Columns in your "Label" column are now their own column again and thus you can apply Column Spec properties and do all your fun SPC stuff.

shampton82_1-1704648964532.png

Hope this helps!

Steve