cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Bar chart

Here is the data structure (Test.jmp) and result picture from the platform "Fit Y by X" (Test.jpg). JMP 14

Test.jpg

I would like to get the same picture, but with the SEPARATION bars (statistical analysis does not interest). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bar chart

So, like this (made with Graph Builder):

Bars.PNG

I left all of the options on so that you can see how this was created. Day on the X-axis. Grades went into an overlay. Number goes into the Frequency role. Used the bar chart graphing element. Bar style is stacked with % of factor as the summary statistic.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

So, like this (made with Graph Builder):

Bars.PNG

I left all of the options on so that you can see how this was created. Day on the X-axis. Grades went into an overlay. Number goes into the Frequency role. Used the bar chart graphing element. Bar style is stacked with % of factor as the summary statistic.

Dan Obermiller
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Thank You! How to get the Y-axis exactly like yours? I have not  "% factor" (only "% Total")

Test2.jpg

I'm sorry. The % of Factor is a version 15 feature. I forgot that it is not available in version 14. So, to get this in version 14, you will need to add a column to your data table with this formula: 

:Number / Col Sum( :Number, :Day )

You will then use this new column as the Y-variable. If you choose the Percent format for this column, the bar chart should look like you want.

Dan Obermiller