cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Bar chart

Here is the data structure (Test.jmp) and result picture from the platform "Fit Y by X" (Test.jpg). JMP 14

Test.jpg

I would like to get the same picture, but with the SEPARATION bars (statistical analysis does not interest). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bar chart

So, like this (made with Graph Builder):

Bars.PNG

I left all of the options on so that you can see how this was created. Day on the X-axis. Grades went into an overlay. Number goes into the Frequency role. Used the bar chart graphing element. Bar style is stacked with % of factor as the summary statistic.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

So, like this (made with Graph Builder):

Bars.PNG

I left all of the options on so that you can see how this was created. Day on the X-axis. Grades went into an overlay. Number goes into the Frequency role. Used the bar chart graphing element. Bar style is stacked with % of factor as the summary statistic.

Dan Obermiller
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Thank You! How to get the Y-axis exactly like yours? I have not  "% factor" (only "% Total")

Test2.jpg

I'm sorry. The % of Factor is a version 15 feature. I forgot that it is not available in version 14. So, to get this in version 14, you will need to add a column to your data table with this formula: 

:Number / Col Sum( :Number, :Day )

You will then use this new column as the Y-variable. If you choose the Percent format for this column, the bar chart should look like you want.

Dan Obermiller