cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Faye
Level I

Balanced Incomplete Block Design on JMP

I am learning to design BIBD using JMP. I saw that JMP has added a BIBD design function under special purpose from some tutorials, but mine still does not have it. I wonder if I should install any packages such as in R to have that function? Can anyone help me with it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Balanced Incomplete Block Design on JMP

Select DOE > Special Purpose > Balanced Incomplete Block Design. It requires JMP 14. (It does not require JMP Pro.)

View solution in original post

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Just to add a bit to my colleague @Mark_Bailey's advice, if you don't have JMP you can access the same documentation via the JMP Online Documentation capability on jmp.com. Here's a link to the URL:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/balanced-incomplete-block-designs.shtml

The documentation online is identical to the documentation native to your local installation of JMP assuming you have JMP 14. The online documentation is reflective of JMP 14...and @Mark_Bailey is quite right...you need JMP 14 to efficiently create a balanced incomplete block design. I wouldn't even attempt to try creating a BIBD in earlier versions of JMP. It could be done...but not without an enormous amount of editing and hand manipulating a design.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Select DOE > Special Purpose > Balanced Incomplete Block Design. It requires JMP 14. (It does not require JMP Pro.)

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Just to add a bit to my colleague @Mark_Bailey's advice, if you don't have JMP you can access the same documentation via the JMP Online Documentation capability on jmp.com. Here's a link to the URL:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/balanced-incomplete-block-designs.shtml

The documentation online is identical to the documentation native to your local installation of JMP assuming you have JMP 14. The online documentation is reflective of JMP 14...and @Mark_Bailey is quite right...you need JMP 14 to efficiently create a balanced incomplete block design. I wouldn't even attempt to try creating a BIBD in earlier versions of JMP. It could be done...but not without an enormous amount of editing and hand manipulating a design.

And adding to Peter's suggestion, you need JMP 14 to design the BIBD, but you can analyze it with previous versions. So if you need help now before you get JMP 14, someone could make the design for you.