cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shasheminassab
Level IV

Background Map Boundaries

I'm using JMP17, and none of the boundaries in the "Set Background Map" window show up on the graph (e.g., US Counties, US States, etc.). I changed the color and thickness of the boundaries in "Customize," but they still do not appear on the map. I didn't have this problem on previous versions of JMP. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Background Map Boundaries

@shasheminassab Thank you for reporting this - it has been passed on to the development team to be fixed in a future release.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please explain the steps you take to create the map. You should be able to see the boundaries without any customization.

shasheminassab
Level IV

@Mark_Bailey 

JMP Screenshot.JPG

I simply added latitude and longitude to the x and y axes, then right-clicked on the map > Graph > Background map.. and enabled "Street Map Service" and "US Counties," but the county borders do not appear on the map. I tried it on two different machines and they both have the same issue. See attached.

Craige_Hales
Super User

make sure the drawing order puts the base map first, then the counties.

The background map will hide anything that is drawn earlier.The background map will hide anything that is drawn earlier.

Craige
shasheminassab
Level IV

@Craige_HalesI think I figured it out! The problem exists only when I am in JMP Project. Outside of the Project, I can see the boundaries! So it must be a bug. I had a similar problem a few months ago, but with the conditional local data filter for dashboards that didn't work in JMP Project but worked fine outside of it.: https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-make-conditional-local-data-filter-in-dashboard/td-p...

@shasheminassab Thank you for reporting this - it has been passed on to the development team to be fixed in a future release.