cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mickyboy
Level V

Back transform of Student t distribution transformation

Hi All,

I had to transform a variable to a student t distribution, nice and easy in JMP using Analyze << Distribution << Selecting your variable then clicking the red arrow and using the continuous fit selection, is the back transformation is just as easy?? Can someone explain the correct menu selections for this to happen.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
MRB3855
Super User

Re: Back transform of Student t distribution transformation

Hi @Mickyboy : There is no transformation being carried out; the options you've identified ("Analyze << Distribution << Selecting your variable then clicking the red arrow and using the continuous fit selection") is not transforming your data in any way, rather it is just checking to see if the distribution selected (t distribution in your case)  is plausible as the parent population for your data. Or am I misunderstanding your question?     

Mickyboy
Level V

Re: Back transform of Student t distribution transformation

Hi MRB3855,

Thanks for reply, you are miss understanding slightly, but it could be the way l am explaining, l am transforming, from the above. the continuous fit selection i get compare distributions, the best fit distribution, and lets say in this case its student t, I can tick normal, go to the fitted normal distributions and click on the red arrow and select save columns and get an easy student t transformation of my variable, nice and easy. l am just wondering if there is an easy way of then back transforming from the student t transformation. Hope this makes more sense, if you are familiar with r, the have a procedure called emmeans that identifies the transformation and can back transform easily.