cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
d_barnett
Level IV

Autorunning of JMP Scripts at a Specific Time

I have a set of scripts ( 7 in total) that I want to autorun at a specific time during the early morning so that the data is available to me when I get into work. All of these are saved as jsl files and I would like to queue these to run, these are stored on my hard-drive and JMP will be open and connected to a database..

Is there a way within JMP to do this? if I want to run these .jsl scripts to produce the data, some of these scripts extract large data sets from databases and can take ~30 mins to do so are very time consuming when I could be doing analysis ( and having my first coffee of the day).

As a build on to this t would also be good if I could use this for and JMP files ( .jmpquery in particular) to make it ultra useful.

Regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Autorunning of JMP Scripts at a Specific Time

What I usually do is create a .bat file then go to Task Scheduler to run the .bat file when I want it to.

Here's the basics of my .bat file.  Just copy and paste it into a txt file and save the extenions as .bat. Change (***JSL FILE LOCATION***) to your jsl script file location and copy the line for all 7 scripts.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:: Batch file that runs all JSL scripts

::                                                                                                     ::

:: C:\logfile_source.txt is created to record results.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

set logfile1=C:\temp\logfile_source.txt

"C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\12\Jmp.exe"  ***JSL FILE LOCATION***

echo.JMP scripts have completed %date% %time% >> %logfile1%

Task Scheduler can be found Windows>All Programs>Accessories>Sytem Tools>Task Schedule.  It's a pretty simple intuitive program.  If you can't figure it out you can quickly find a tutorial on YouTube.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

What I usually do is create a .bat file then go to Task Scheduler to run the .bat file when I want it to.

Here's the basics of my .bat file.  Just copy and paste it into a txt file and save the extenions as .bat. Change (***JSL FILE LOCATION***) to your jsl script file location and copy the line for all 7 scripts.

:: Batch file that runs all JSL scripts

::                                                                                                     ::

:: C:\logfile_source.txt is created to record results.

set logfile1=C:\temp\logfile_source.txt

"C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\12\Jmp.exe"  ***JSL FILE LOCATION***

echo.JMP scripts have completed %date% %time% >> %logfile1%

Task Scheduler can be found Windows>All Programs>Accessories>Sytem Tools>Task Schedule.  It's a pretty simple intuitive program.  If you can't figure it out you can quickly find a tutorial on YouTube.

ian_jmp
Staff

If the JMP session is already active, you should also take a look at Scheduling Actions.