cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
d_barnett
Level IV

Autorunning of JMP Scripts at a Specific Time

I have a set of scripts ( 7 in total) that I want to autorun at a specific time during the early morning so that the data is available to me when I get into work. All of these are saved as jsl files and I would like to queue these to run, these are stored on my hard-drive and JMP will be open and connected to a database..

Is there a way within JMP to do this? if I want to run these .jsl scripts to produce the data, some of these scripts extract large data sets from databases and can take ~30 mins to do so are very time consuming when I could be doing analysis ( and having my first coffee of the day).

As a build on to this t would also be good if I could use this for and JMP files ( .jmpquery in particular) to make it ultra useful.

Regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Autorunning of JMP Scripts at a Specific Time

What I usually do is create a .bat file then go to Task Scheduler to run the .bat file when I want it to.

Here's the basics of my .bat file.  Just copy and paste it into a txt file and save the extenions as .bat. Change (***JSL FILE LOCATION***) to your jsl script file location and copy the line for all 7 scripts.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:: Batch file that runs all JSL scripts

::                                                                                                     ::

:: C:\logfile_source.txt is created to record results.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

set logfile1=C:\temp\logfile_source.txt

"C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\12\Jmp.exe"  ***JSL FILE LOCATION***

echo.JMP scripts have completed %date% %time% >> %logfile1%

Task Scheduler can be found Windows>All Programs>Accessories>Sytem Tools>Task Schedule.  It's a pretty simple intuitive program.  If you can't figure it out you can quickly find a tutorial on YouTube.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

What I usually do is create a .bat file then go to Task Scheduler to run the .bat file when I want it to.

Here's the basics of my .bat file.  Just copy and paste it into a txt file and save the extenions as .bat. Change (***JSL FILE LOCATION***) to your jsl script file location and copy the line for all 7 scripts.

:: Batch file that runs all JSL scripts

::                                                                                                     ::

:: C:\logfile_source.txt is created to record results.

set logfile1=C:\temp\logfile_source.txt

"C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\12\Jmp.exe"  ***JSL FILE LOCATION***

echo.JMP scripts have completed %date% %time% >> %logfile1%

Task Scheduler can be found Windows>All Programs>Accessories>Sytem Tools>Task Schedule.  It's a pretty simple intuitive program.  If you can't figure it out you can quickly find a tutorial on YouTube.

ian_jmp
Staff

If the JMP session is already active, you should also take a look at Scheduling Actions.