cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Automatic Recalc

Is is possible to select Automatic Recalc in Preferences?  I have looked for it but cannot find it there.  Auto Recalc is a very useful feature in some other software packages I use and it would be great in JMP.

Steve
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Automatic Recalc

The preference for Auto Recalc is dependent on the platform.  You will see it for Graph Builder, Contour Plot, and some others.  Some platforms either don't support Auto Recalc or always use Auto Recalc, so there is no need for a preference in those cases.

gandi2223
Level III

But is there a way to make Automatic Recalc the default for a certain platform, where you can enable it manually? Like smoore2, I find it quite useful and would like to make it the default for Fit Y by X (and possibly other platforms).

Thank you for pointing out Fit Y by X.  The preference has to be opted-into by the platform because the default for Auto Recalc is platform-dependent.  Fit Y by X does not opt-in, but we will look at that for a future release.

density
Level I

Will you please also consider adding this opt-in for Variability Plots as well.  Thank you!

The work to address this is part of JMP 13, and many platforms (including Variability) will now support the Auto Recalc preference.

agpa
Level I

I really like Variability Charts that automatically recalculate. Here is one trick that worked for me:

I now launch Variability Charts from an icon on my custom toolbar that runs the following JSL command:

Variability Chart (automatic recalc(1));

That's all it takes... Presumably this can work for other platforms as well.