cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SophieCuvillier
Level III

Automated tasks and JMP18

Hello,

We have scripts that run automatically, via scheduled tasks, every day on servers with JMP 17. With the arrival of JMP 18 and in particular its new license management system, we're asking ourselves some questions. From what we understand, you have to reconnect to MyJmp every X days (90 days I think), so will you have to reconnect every X days on the servers?

Can we connect from another PC with the same e-mail address as the one used by the server's JMP license to reactivate JMP on the server ? Or can we extend the time before we need to reconnect?

I'd be delighted if anyone could share their experience of automating scripts on servers running JMP 18, if it's worth migrating from 17 to 18.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Automated tasks and JMP18

Hi @SophieCuvillier 

We do not expect you to have any trouble with the automation you describe with JMP 18.

Yes, you will have to occasionally re-verify the email address that JMP is authorized with on the server but that's a task that should be easily completed through a remote connection.

The re-verification will be required more often if you authorize JMP on multiple machines with the same email address.

If you have difficulties or further concerns, please feel free to reach out to Tech Support, support@jmp.com, and they'll be happy to help.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @SophieCuvillier 

We do not expect you to have any trouble with the automation you describe with JMP 18.

Yes, you will have to occasionally re-verify the email address that JMP is authorized with on the server but that's a task that should be easily completed through a remote connection.

The re-verification will be required more often if you authorize JMP on multiple machines with the same email address.

If you have difficulties or further concerns, please feel free to reach out to Tech Support, support@jmp.com, and they'll be happy to help.

-Jeff
SophieCuvillier
Level III

Hello @Jeff_Perkinson , Thank you for your reply. We'll give it a try and get in touch if necessary.

WebDesignesCrow
Super User

We have tested JMP 18 & decided not worth migrating from 17.2 to 18.

We tested both for User GUI experience & scheduled automated scripts.

However, it depends on the application that you really need which is offered in 18 but not 17.2.

Our experience: 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Open-JMP-took-longer-time-in-JMP18-1-compared-to-JMP17-2/m-... 

SophieCuvillier
Level III

Hello, @WebDesignesCrow  thank you for sharing your experience! Maybe we'll give it a try in the next few months, and I'll let you know if we go through the same problem as you. I hope you've been able to find a solution with the help of support?

I'll mention that the startup lag for a JMP 18 session that has no internet connection, mentioned in the previous link, is fixed for the upcoming JMP 18.2 release in March of 2025.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

hogi
Level XII

today - with Internet issues here and there - it's astonishing how long it takes to start JMP.

@Jeff_Perkinson  Any workaround till March 2025?

hogi
Level XII

On the other hand: helpful for bugfixing.

I can click the JMP icon on the taskbar N *) times till JMP is available. This will open N instances of JMP in parallel.

Then, I can try some code...
If I don't find the issue in my code and JMP crashes - the next instance of JMP is just popping up.
very convenient!

notes: 
N *):  who gets the most?
open multiple instances: can also be done via right click -> JMP icon

hogi_0-1727297739805.png