cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mikasa
Level II

Assign different spec limits from a column rows to another column rows as a property

Hi 

I know Spec limit has been discussed here different times but I could not find a solution for my question

I have a column with different product and I group the same products but each group has different spec limit. all the spec limits are in 2 columns (Upper, lower limit).  I like to assign each row of the product column to the same row in the spec limit column.  Could you please tell me how to have a loop for that? I have written a script like below but does not work

//Spec limits
For Each Row(
    If( :Upper Limit != "Null", 
        Eval(
            Substitute(
                    Expr(
                        :REM OX << set property(
                            "spec limits",
                            {LSL( __LSL__ ), USL( __USL__ ), Target( __Target__ ), Show Limits( 1 )}
                        )
                    ),
                Expr( __LSL__ ), :Lower Limit,
                Expr( __USL__ ), :Upper Limit,
                Expr( __Target__ ), :Center Line, 
            )
        )
    )
);

14 REPLIES 14
Mikasa
Level II

Re: Assign different spec limits from a column rows to another column rows as a property

Thanks a lot,

That totally works. I am reporting the result in a report window and create some plots for each product. I have to use the result of process screening like Upper limit and Lower limit in the plots and I use "Bivariate" to plot them. I just need to extract the result from process screening for different products with different USL and USL. but I do not know how?

Re: Assign different spec limits from a column rows to another column rows as a property

Save Details Table from the red triangle next to Process Screening will save a data table that contains the information you are looking for.

Mikasa
Level II

Thank you Tonya. I can even make a table there. But my problem is how to plot the products with different Spec limits with "Bivariate" in my window report. REMOX is still one column and it can get only one set of limits. I have already group the products using "Munger" Formula in my original table. I do not know how Process screening result can help me.

Why are you using bivariate?  Why are you not using the graphs from Process Screening?  As mentioned previously, Bivariate only allows one set of spec limits.  Process Screening is the only platform that allows spec limits based on a grouping variable.

Mikasa
Level II

I am making 1-click report to show all my graphs in a report window.
I think I can use Process Screening there as long as I know how to show my graphs on the report window and with the variables that I want to. (Y:REM OX, and X: another variable) for different products.