Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Aadit
Level III

Application Builder - Graph Builder Interface

Hello,

I am new to jmp platform and scripting. In application builder interface, when a button is clicked i want to open the graph builder inferface with loaded data columns (same interface as in Analysis - Graph Builder) where user can create graph needed then import the graph into the app screen. 

i want to incroprate all the intractive features of Graph Builder interface (from selecting graph type , multiple x y columns etc) in application builder.

With my current understanding :

Is there a source code for Graph builder interface in jmp which can be used directly in appplication developer (or) is it possible to code the interface in the application developer 

Note : Since i am new to jmp scripting .. developing custom graph builder interface is a heavy task. But i can build similar thing in python interface. Is it possible to embed python graph builder interface in Application devleoper of JMP ( If yes please specify the python interface packages supported)

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Application Builder - Graph Builder Interface

Hi @Aadit - welcome to JMP!

I have attached a small JMP Application that demonstrates two ways to launch platforms in response to a button click.  In JSL, a platform launch typically looks like this:

dt << Graph Builder(<options>);

The default behavior when launching platforms is for the new report to create a new window, but you can also embed the platform into an existing window, which I demonstrate in the sample application.  This App was built with the Big Class sample data, but it will run on any JMP data table.

I hope that helps!

-Dan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Aadit - welcome to JMP!

I have attached a small JMP Application that demonstrates two ways to launch platforms in response to a button click.  In JSL, a platform launch typically looks like this:

dt << Graph Builder(<options>);

The default behavior when launching platforms is for the new report to create a new window, but you can also embed the platform into an existing window, which I demonstrate in the sample application.  This App was built with the Big Class sample data, but it will run on any JMP data table.

I hope that helps!

-Dan

Aadit
Level III

Thanks for very quick reply. I dint know it was this straightforward. Sorry if it seemed silliy. Thanks a bunch

Aadit
Level III

also is it possible to export this tabbed report as interactive html. i tried using 

ReportPanel<<Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/example.html");
Current Report()<<Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/example.html");

but both didnt reatin the tabbing. 1st one instaed created a stacked plots of generated reports. But local data filters are not interactive in either case. Kindly help Thanks in advance