cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bwwhite
Level II

Anyone know how to create divergent bar chart for Likert scale data?

I would like to use JMP to create a divergent bar chart from Likert scale data (e.g., extremely dislike, strongly dislike, ... extremely like). I learned how to create such charts in R (see image below), but would much rather do it in JMP. I've seen examples in Tableau, but that's a real nightmare to create what I want there. I can figure out how to do it in JMP using negative and positive counts if I don't include the "neutral" data. I've tried splitting the neutral into 2 categories ("don't dislike" and "don't like", or some such pseudo-terminology.

Any suggestions? I have a reasonable degree of scripting skills in JMP, so that's certainly a possiblity.

Thanks!

8994_divergent bar.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
saitcopuroglu
Level IV

Re: Anyone know how to create divergent bar chart for Likert scale data?

I use likert scales in my questionnaires a lot and I had my own way which is different from what you would like but maybe gives an idea... (don't bother about the language, it is; very good, good, average, bad, very bad)

9331_2015-07-28_21-44-07.png