cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aidanweb
Level II

Adding outlines horizontally in journal

I'm looking to make a journal with "Smaller outlines" within "Bigger outlines". I don't want the top outline to expand vertically, but rather horizontally. 

Edit: I see from an example journal (that looks like what I want) that the "Smaller Outlines" boxes should be List boxes with button boxes underneath... but I don't see an option to add either of these?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Adding outlines horizontally in journal

As I'm not 100% sure what you want (don't know which example you are looking at), would the outline layout look something like this?

jthi_0-1690480289492.png

To get OutlineBoxes side by side in Journal this should be the location where you want to drop them (blue part)

jthi_1-1690480351423.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Once you have added content (e.g. by right-click) you can use the selection tool to move it around.

2023-07-27_19-38-59.gif

-Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

As I'm not 100% sure what you want (don't know which example you are looking at), would the outline layout look something like this?

jthi_0-1690480289492.png

To get OutlineBoxes side by side in Journal this should be the location where you want to drop them (blue part)

jthi_1-1690480351423.png

-Jarmo
aidanweb
Level II

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, thank you... but the only way I see to add an outline box is by right clicking on empty space and clicking "Add Outline Item." Are you dragging & dropping from somewhere? Plus, there seems to be only one big box where I can add items to. 

David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Once you have added content (e.g. by right-click) you can use the selection tool to move it around.

2023-07-27_19-38-59.gif

-Dave