Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Freddy
Level II

Adding more than 2 values in DOE custom design

Hello JMP community,

I have a problem, which is probably very simple to solve, but I have become quiet frustrated about it and need help. I want to do a DOE with continious factors, which have more than 2 values. Unfortunately in the Response Surface Design and Custom Design window I can't find any option to add more than the 2 initially defined values. First I thought, that the 2 value define the range of the factors, but my generated designs always just include those 2 values. How do I add more values or define the range of the factors in my design? Thanks in advance.

Greets Freddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding more than 2 values in DOE custom design

If you specify the factors as continuous, then the high and low values are defining the range for the factors. The response surface designs (by using the Classical Designs menu) will DEFINITELY give you more than two levels. If you are using the Custom Designer, be sure that you are specifying a model that has quadratic terms (squared terms). That will force JMP to add at least a third level.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you specify the factors as continuous, then the high and low values are defining the range for the factors. The response surface designs (by using the Classical Designs menu) will DEFINITELY give you more than two levels. If you are using the Custom Designer, be sure that you are specifying a model that has quadratic terms (squared terms). That will force JMP to add at least a third level.

Dan Obermiller
Freddy
Level II

Hello Dan,

I didn't add quadratic terms, that was the problem. Thanks for the quick help.

Greets Freddy